In the United States we have been blessed with many options like where to buy our groceries or where to get our haircut. Most of the time, where we spend more money, we get better services.
Health care is different. Very different.
When it comes to health care, it comes down to how we spend our dollars more than how much we spend.
- Hospital costs averaged $3,949 per day, and costs per stay averaged $15,734.
- On average, an MRI costs $2,611.
- The average back surgery costs $26,515.
- Coronary artery bypass surgery averaged $45,438.
- The average C-section cost is $50,000.
- The average knee replacement surgery cost is $49,500.
Most of us understand that a majority of the average costs above are rarely coming directly out of pocket. Insurance companies have taken on most of the burden for these reactive, after-the-fact care procedures. The issue is that the number is only growing, which is increasing our need to rely on third-party payers.
- By 2030, total knee replacement surgeries are projected to grow 673% to 3.5 million procedures per year.
- Nearly 1/2 of American adults develop knee osteoarthritis in at least one knee in their lifetime.
Not only are the number of cases growing but there is an overwhelming number of post-operative issues.
So if reactive care is so costly & often creates more issues, what is the alternative?
The main alternative to reactive care is preventative care. The main practice for reactive care is medicine & surgery. The main practice for preventative care is chiropractic & let me explain why...
Chiropractic has located an issue much more near the cause of disease than what antibiotics, medicine & surgery are capable of doing. Let's take a run-of-the-mill ear infection, for example:
- Medicine is going to treat with antibiotics with the idea of combating the bacterial infection caused by long standing fluid build-up in the ear. The problem here is that ear infections are commonly treated multiple times with antibiotics, this tells us that the issue has not yet been resolved, right?
- Chiropractic, seeking a deeper cause is going to correct the reason why the body has built up fluid in the ear. When the fluid build up has been drained, the bacterial infection cannot occur & we can assume the problem has been solved.
What is it that chiropractors are correcting? Simply put, nerve disturbance. Did you know that our brain & nervous system control every healing mechanism of our body & most people have heavily injured nervous systems?
So the big question is, why will this decrease costs for you, in regards to your health-care?
A study in 2007 compared care costs of a patient under the direction of a chiropractor as their primary care physician (PCP) versus a medical doctor. After 70,000 member-months spanning a 7-year period, hospital admission costs were decreased by 60.2 percent, cost of days spent in the hospital were decreased by 59.0 percent, and outpatient surgeries and procedures were down by 62.0 percent. If these numbers were not astonishing enough, the costs associated with pharmaceuticals decreased by 85 percent when compared to conventional medically driven care. All of these comparisons were done in the same time frame, geography, and health maintenance organization product.
Every day, more & more families are choosing chiropractic for their family's health. It all starts by learning more.
LIV Chiropractic in Edina, Minnesota is an EpiCenter of Chiropractic & focuses primarily on chiropractic education for the removal of nerve interference.
Call us at 952-255-6136 & learn more today or book an appointment here.